Stay Safe Plan
If you have any questions or require additional information.
We at the Fairlawn will do all we can to keep guests and staff safe and welcome. We are doing all we can to provide a safe environment for both guests, the innkeeper, and staff. The inn is also the home of the innkeeper and his business, so compliance and common courtesies would be respectfully requested. Every guest when they make their reservation should understand that they will be coming to a facility where all the CDC recommendations are followed or exceeded. Wearing masks and keeping social distancing are expected. We would appreciate you bringing your own masks you are comfortable wearing. If you cannot wear a mask then we would appreciate you choosing an alternate lodging option. The Innkeeper, though healthy, is in a high-risk category. More specific policies will accompany your confirmation when you book. It is always less expensive, and we prefer you to book with us directly.
New York State currently requires guests from many states to self-quarantine for 14 days if coming from those states. A list of those states can be found at https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory. Because of limited staff, we cannot accommodate guests requiring this.
Public Spaces and Common Areas
- Cleaning and disinfecting will be frequent with an emphasis on non-porous high contact areas including arrival check-in areas, public bathrooms, doors and door handles, stair handrails, and room keys, and locks.
- As recommended by the CDC, social distancing guidelines will be followed. Guests shall be advised to stay at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them in any area where guests or employees gather in hallways, common areas whether inside or outside.
- Common areas are open; lobby furniture and other public seating areas will be reconfigured to promote social distancing. We would appreciate you following guidelines erring on the side of caution.
- Guests will be required to wear a face mask in all indoor public areas of the inn. They may be removed when eating breakfast.
- Particular attention will be paid to cleaning and sanitizing all high-touch, hard, nonporous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, luggage racks, and flooring.
- Extraneous items will be removed from the rooms, and all items offered to guests in the room (toiletries, glasses, etc.) will be sanitized before being placed in the room before each guests’ stay. Once cleaned and sanitized, guest rooms will be sealed off to prevent any person entering the room before the guest’s arrival.
- There will be no in-room services during your stay. Guests may request extra towels trading those used with new towels, amenities, etc. for door side delivery. Housekeeping staff will not enter the guest rooms until after check-out.
- More than likely the only contact you will have with staff is the owner. He will seek to reduce in-person contact with guests. When he does, he will follow CDC guidelines and wear appropriate PPE. Washing hands and sanitizing frequently.
- We will have breakfast service in our dining room. Breakfast is served from 8 AM to 9 AM and will be expanded if guest occupancies require it. There MAY be an in- room option provided but with all disposable products. Guests will need to come to the dining room to get this option as we do not have staffing to provide room service. That option will be during normal breakfast hours.
- All food and beverage staff will be required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- All high-touch areas will be frequently disinfected. A cart with bus tubs will be in the dining room for guests to place plates, glasses, cups, cutlery, etc. in them to minimize contact for the innkeeper. Or all breakfast will be provided on disposable products – guests will have a touchless trash can to dispose of their disposables after eating.
Behind the scenes
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch areas shall occur in accordance with CDC guidelines, including at least twice per day in high traffic areas.
- Handwashing stations and access to hand sanitizer will be convenient and highly visible. Disinfectant stations are set up in all common areas. Hand sanitizer will be available in all guest rooms.
- Shared tools and equipment will be disinfected after each shift.
- Linens, towels, and laundry will be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines, where possible, items will be washed using the warmest permissible water setting for the items, and items will be dried completely. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry.
- We will provide additional access to hand washing and hand sanitizer throughout the inn for guests and employees.
- The inn will post signs for guests and employees indicating health & hygiene reminders, directions for high traffic areas, and physical distancing zones along with having to wear a mask.
Staff and Trades
- The innkeeper will self-monitor for temperatures and/or COVID-19 symptoms. If he finds a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater guests will be notified and proper procedures followed. Guests having temperatures exceeding the limit will need to leave the inn.
- All employees will be required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as regulated by the federal and state governments with appropriate training for use and disposal.
- Upon making a reservation, guests will be advised that at check-in they must ensure they are well and/or sign a statement attesting that they have been adhering to safe practices (social distancing, wearing a mask when in close proximity to others, washing hands frequently, and staying home except for exercise and necessary outings) for at least 14 days previous to their arrival, and have not been exposed to anyone testing positive nor experienced any symptoms. There are many states NY is restricting and requiring quarantine. We do not have the capacity to host guests wanting to quarantine for that period of time.
- Check-in will be contactless. The innkeeper reserves the right to check guests in each morning at breakfast for their temperature and at any time during their stay. Any guest with a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, will be asked to leave the property and will not be allowed to check in. A waiver and this information will be forwarded with each reservation and you will be required to send an email back that indicates you will follow all the outlined policies. Until that is sent, ANY reservation is not confirmed.
Guests that book will need to indicate via email that you have reviewed the policies listed above and will comply during your stay. NO RESERVATION will be accepted without this affirmation.
What They're Saying!
"Wonderful place to stay!" Reviewed April 30, 2017: The Fairlawn inn is a wonderful place to stay on Hunter mountain.The hosts Chuck and Jim are very welcoming. The atmosphere was friendly. Our room which was the Mountain Dew was clean and nicely decorated. The food was excellent with rave reviews from all the guests...
"Incredible" Reviewed February 5, 2013: I stayed at Fairlawn Inn during my skiing trip to Hunter Mountain; I must say that I didn't expect it to be SO good! The house itself is a beautifully restored Victorian mansion, and Chuck, the Innkeeper, did such a beautiful job with its interiors! Everything felt so welcoming...Read All Accolades»